Tuesday, July 17, 2007

An update...

My mom is recovering well. I don't think she realizes how far she has come in just a week.
So far...no complaints from my dad. Apparently our care of him is "adequate".

In other news....
---We are busy completing 4-H projects. The county fair is next week.

---We have moved Sparkles to a farm MUCH closer to home. Now she is just 5 minutes away. We will be able to see her more often, and we hope to be ready to bring her home in a couple of months.

---The fried green tomatoes abound.

My blogging has been spotty lately...too busy living life, not enough time to blog about it. It reminds me of a quote that I read a couple of months ago (I apologize, I forget where I saw it) that really spoke to me:

"A warning: This glowing screen is not reality, only a pale reflection of it.
Blogs can be interesting, uplifting, nourishing, but they are much like television;
time consuming to look at, and time consuming to create.
Remember to turn off this electric box and live what really matters."

So true.
I love blogging!! And I am so blessed,encouraged, and nourished by the blogs of several other Christian women. But sometimes, I just have turn off this electric box and "live what really matters."

3 comments:

family footprints said...

I love that quote and how true it is! Have fun and take the time to truly enjoy living life!

Blessing to you and the whole clan.

LOL,
Ali

fiaschetti said...

i hadn't stopped by in awhile (too busy living life, especially w/ Gotcha Week) so I was sorry to see about your mom's surgery but happy to see how well it went!
next, i will try to pick up that book you've suggested. sounds like a great "plane read" which I will need in a couple weeks.
hugs!

Stacy said...

Michelle,
Popped over to tell you that I finished Redeeming Love yesterday. So now we can talk! Not that you have *time* to talk what with your crazy days lately.
Tell me more about your 4H projects.... what's Brock doing?
Happy to hear about Sparkles being closer.
A whole year ago we were at your house. ~sob~
Love you,
Stacy