"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. "
Jeremiah 29:11
Happy Birthday, sweet Isaac!
[[[ I originally wrote this post last year, on Isaac's 2nd birthday...but as I read it again today with tears I realized that, honestly, the words are even more true today than they were a year ago...please, OH PLEASE, say a prayer tonight!! ]]]
Somewhere in Guatemala, Isaac turned 3 years old today! We trust that the Lord is keeping him safe, as we continue to pray for him as a family. It would mean so much today if you all would take a minute to lift him up in prayer as well!!
When I think back over the 8 months that we called Isaac "ours"...I am reminded that our most important task as parents is to entrust our children into the Lord's hands....to remember that they are HIS first and foremost. I will be honest in saying that at times my heart aches for our "loss"...and I try to make sense of it all....but the reality is, we serve a sovereign God who makes NO mistakes...Isaac was (and continues to be) a beautiful part of the Master's plan for the Timmons family.
One of the songs that will always, always, always remind me of our adoption journey is "Blessed Be Your Name"...
Blessed be your name
In the land that is plentiful
Where the streams of abundance flow
Blessed be your name
Blessed be your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be your name
Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name
Blessed be your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be your name
Blessed be your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be your name
Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name
You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, Blessed be your name




7 comments:
I hate that we missed our time of praying together tonight, however, I will pray a special prayer for Isaac tonight. Love you!
3 seems awfully big, doesn't it?
I'll bet he is still such the little cutie and charmer! :)
Oh, Michelle... wish I could give you a big hug tonight.
Dear Heavenly Father,
You see Isaac tonight. And you love him so much. Shower him with love and protection and good things, I pray. I pray that whoever he is with will be so taken with him, and would lavish him with love and affection. And Jesus, draw this little one to Yourself. May he grow up to know and love you.
Comfort Michelle tonight, too, as her heart aches for this little boy you gave to her for a season.
In Jesus' Name,
Amen.
Michelle,
My heart still hurts for you. I posted a comment last night around midnight and apparently did it wrong. I am a blog loser!
I just wanted to know that my heart hurts for you. I know how much you would love to hold Isaac and give him a birthday hug and have peace knowing he and his family are doing well. I agree with you so much that God's plans are perfect. We prayed so much for Isaac to be where the Lord wanted him to be. I'm am in hope and in prayer that if you had answers you would be overjoyed at the amount of love Isaac is feeling. I pray that Isaacs' family know Jesus. I also can't help but be thankful for how the Lord has blessed you with a heart child, Isaac, at least for now and for dear sweet Micah who has filled all of our lives with so much joy. God is so faithful.
Three years ago on Isaac's birthday, we were singing praises to our heavenly Father at the Mercy Me and Jeremy Camp concert, not realizing at the time that Isaac was being born! God is sovereign.
Michelle, I feel so blessed by your friendship and I am thankful that we could be and still are a part of your journey. Colleen
OK, OK I get it. I need to type in the word verification box......in order for this to work. Colleen
Michelle- I remember so vividly when you emailed that Isaac's birthmom had returned after so many months. Do you I have kept almost everyone email we have sent ot each other? I was looking at them-- First, I looked back and read the email you wrote me after Gladys Rosalina's birthmom returned, after we were scheduled to travel together (you to see Micah- wouldn't that have been a hoot together!). Then at your email when Isaac's birthmom returned and I was overwhelmed that even through your pain and grief, you were grounded in God's promises to you, your family and Issac.
Whereever Isaac is right now, I know His Father in Heaven loves him so very much. And he has a great pair of "prayer parents" in you guys.
Michelle,
Sorry I am a few days late in reading your post and it is with an ache in my heart and tears in my eyes that I write this comment. I'm not very good with the words but it is wwith heartfelt love for you and your family that I pray a special prayer for Isaac and all of you. I love you all so much and admire your strength and your incredible faith. I feel so blessed to call you my sister-in-law.
I'm hopelessly late in reading this, my friend, but I do pray for Isaac, and for "our" Jessica who's now 2.5 and for Gladys Rosalina. I pray they are protected and loved and grow to know Jesus.
Post a Comment