Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Pictures...

I am finding it to be an IMPOSSIBLE TASK....going through our Ethiopia photos and selecting ones to share.
For several reasons:

1) There were TWO photographers on this trip...me AND Erica. And let me tell you, that girl can shoot some good ones! So....double the photos to look through!
2) There is SO MUCH TO SHARE!! so many people....so many places...so many memories!
3) It is hard to see with tears in my eyes. I am not kidding....as I look back through the pictures, I am overwhelmed. Overwhelmed is an understatement.
4) I don't know what to share first. I want to talk about Derek. I want to tell you about what Hope For His Children has done and is doing. I can't wait to introduce you to the AMAZING FAMILIES we traveled with! ((See, more tears as I type that!!)) And I want to tell you about the children: the street children...the CFI children...the children of Hannah's Hope...the children who came home to new families...our children. I. LOVE. THEM.

But, for today, here are just a few photos....

OUR VERY FIRST GLIMPSE OF DEREK...HE WAS SOUND ASLEEP...AND OH SOOOOOOO CUTE!!!


DEREK'S FIRST BATH IN THE HOTEL IN ADDIS


BROCK PLAYING WITH HIS NEW LITTLE BROTHER


ERICA LOVING THE SMILES!


MICAH AND DEREK SPLASHING IN THE TUB


Things are going well. We are all adjusting to the new time zone, the new little one, our new roles...
Each day seems a little more "normal". Today Micah, Derek and I even managed an outing to the office, the bank, Walmart and Mexican food (to go)!! Big day!

That's all for now. I hope to post many more details (I know, my track record on that is not great!!) ....Hold me to it!

Thank you for all the prayers and sweet words!!

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh, I love those smiling pictures! :)

Very cute!

Much love to all of you Timmons!

Carrie said...

Ahh..love the pics. Hope things are going well! I think we might be getting on a schedule at our house now..time will tell. Can't wait to catch up more when things settle for us all!
Carrie

Leah Worley said...

Oh happy day! These pictures make me smile ... what a beautiful baby and what happy faces on everyone!

We're so happy for you all! And we would LOVE to meet Derek. Just let me know when a good time is for us to drop in -- if you dn't mind! Maybe after dinner one evening?

Congratulations to the whole family!

4chicksandahunter said...

These pics are great, but just to let you all know, he is so cute in person!! Thank you to you and Erica for the dessert last night, it was YUMMY! Merrill was feeling a little bad while enjoying her pie though, she said we should be taking dessert to your family, not you bringing dessert to ours, but don't worry she didn't have any trouble getting it down! Plus they were thrilled to see Derek at our house for the first time!! Have a great day!!

Anonymous said...

It has been forever since I checked your blog, and imagine my joy tonight when I see that you have your son home. Oh, what a blessing! I am thrilled for all of you! He is adorable. The pictures are adorable. I especially like the one of him and Micah in the bath. :) Blessings!! Amy (Crawford) :)