




I have some serious "catching up" to do...and I want to start right here!!!
Mid-july (oh my, has it really been that long ago???) our family was SO blessed to have Stacy and her family visit our home for a whole week!! We first met Stacy and Mark just over a year ago, when we traveled to Guatemala for our first trip to see Isaac. Stacy and I had chatted on line and on the phone a couple of times...but when I first met her face to face in Houston on our way to Guatemala...I just loved her instantly! Our friendship has grown (obviously) over the past year...and I am so blessed to count Stacy as one of my dearest friends!!!
It seemed crazy to some, to think that they would fly all the way across the country to stay a week with people they had only seen face to face for a handful of hours in a foreign country (or for us to host them, for that matter) BUT, I am forever grateful at their willingness to come and stay with us, eat, hang out with us, eat, meet our friends and family, eat, play games, and eat. The week was an amazing blessing to me (and my family), and my heart was so heavy when they left!
If you have never visited Stacy's blog, go NOW! Each time I visit...I am encouraged, challenged, enlightened or entertained!!
Stacy, you are a great blessing to me and my family! Through our rough adoption journey, you held my arms up when I couldn't any longer...and you gave me sips of cold water when the marathon was getting so long!! I have come to love and respect you so much...as a friend, a wife, a mother, a keeper-of-the-house...and above all, as a child of God, striving to serve Him faithfully in all you do!!! God has blessed my life in an amazing way through the gift of your friendship!




3 comments:
Thank you for your kind words. I love you, too! :)
But I especially loved how many times you used the word "eat"! :D
And I don't have a copy of that picture with all of our children, by the way...
:) I'm thankful for you, my dear friend!
~Stacy
What a wonderfully special time you had together! I love the story of how your friendship blossomed and grew. You and Stacy share a very special bond. I only wish I could have met her while she was here, maybe next time!
Ali
How great it is that you and Stacy are able to share such a special place in your adoption journies and lives!
(Byt he way, waiting on "Part 2"):-)
Post a Comment