Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Music to my ears!

Ma-ma.
Ma-ma.
Ma-ma.
Ma-ma.
Ma-ma.

MA-MA!!!!!!!!!!!

This morning as I was changing Micah's diaper......"Ma-ma"!!!
Be still my heart.
Finally.
Music to my ears.
He calls Chad "Da-da" and Brock "Ba-Ba" and Erica "Sssss" (for sis) and Sugar "Dog" and Jesus "Sheesus".....but until this morning....mommy was "?????"... not a word, just two arms reaching out for me.

But not anymore.
Not after today.
"Ma-ma"

As I came downstairs and shared my excitement with Erica (who had heard the whole thing on the baby monitor), she said "I know, but he will never say it again if you keep screaming and jumping like that!!"

"Ma-ma"
Seriously, I can't wait until that little guy wakes up in the morning so I can hear it again!! =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"MAMA" one of the sweetest sounds ever uttered in any language! :-)

fiaschetti said...

so funny b/c Lily doesn't say Mama either. JUST started going Maaaa in the car, but I don't really know if it's directed at me. Per my recent blog post, "this" is her only word.
Enjoy, Mama!

family footprints said...

Oh, how sweet the sound of that word, Mama. Enjoy it! Way to go, Micah!