Tuesday, November 27, 2007

There are no clever titles for a post like this one....






Yep.
Broken.
A toros fracture of the left distal radius.
Long arm cast.
Follow-up appointment with the orthopedic surgeon in 3 weeks.

Seriously, now. Medical stuff is so much more fun when the patient is not your own child.

Saturday night we were visiting some friends (who shall at this time remain nameless for legal purposes.....JOKING!!!!!!). Micah was perched on a chair, closely observing the older kids who were learning a new card game. Next thing we knew.....THUD.......he had tipped the chair. The cry that followed was not his ususal "I'm hurt and very mad" cry...it was (in retrospect) his "I have a broken arm" cry.

The break is a minor one (if there is such a thing!?!?) and should heal very nicely....we are thankful for that.

He is tolerating the cast VERY well....and we are EXTREMELY thankful for that!!!!

Please pray for rapid and complete healing of his little bone!!! :)

And...if you should think of a clever title for this post....please drop me a line in the comment box below!!!!!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

No clever titles here. I have a hard enough time thinking of suitable titles for my own posts. And they're NEVER clever.
Oh my goodness-- my first thought: Micah looks very much like a two-year old boy! SO grown up. And he looks VERY cute in the cast.

I love you, my friend.
Wish I could be there today.

~Stacy

fiaschetti said...

remember when Christian broke his (FOOSH)? remember how long it took us to realize (24 hours) duh!!!

fiaschetti said...

and another thing-- :-) I giggled outloud in my Atlanta hotel room when your list of blogs has the likes of me and Beth Moore.

Anonymous said...

Well, well...did this happen after I talked to you about Ellie's arm? Ends up her's was a radial head fracture, so like Micah's, not bad. (if you can call a broken arm not too bad?) Like Micah, Ellie's cry was just the same, an I'm NOT ok cry! We'll pray for his healing!
amber