Have I mentioned that I love Third Day? Yes. I am certain that I have.
And I KNOW that I have written about how Rich Mullins' music has blessed my life.
But have I ever mentioned that deep down inside me.....I WANT TO BE A ROCK STAR????!!!!!
Seriously.
In a Christian band OF COURSE!!
I am not joking. (Carrie, please.....testify!!!)
So it is no wonder that every so often I find myself listening to some head-bangin'-guitar-rippin'-scream-and-shout-rappin' kinda' music. I do admit that I love it. Not all the time (clearly)...but LOTS of times....I just flat out love it. If I could sing (or rap) or play guitar or drums or DO ANYTHING MUSICAL EXCEPT LIP SYNC....well, I am certain that my medical career would have been history by now!! :)
Anyway, I have been "studying up" for the Jeremy Camp/Toby Mac concert coming up in February. So today I found myself driving on I-465 with Toby Mac's Portable Sounds SCREAMING from my speakers (I have to turn it up really loud so that I cannot actually hear myself singing....this way I can continue to live in denial....maybe I really DO sound good???!!!)
I just thought that maybe you would like to join in the fun...
so, here it is.
Boomin' by Toby Mac (warning: the music doesn't kick in until the 30 second mark...so don't make the mistake of turning up those speakers too quickly!!!)
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
AND YES, THIS IS WHY GOD BROUGHT US TOGETHER! Medical I am not, but Rock Star, yes I want to be!!! I'm sure there is a reason God did not gift us in this area, but for the life of me I can't figure it out. I mean we would totally be the *coolest* ROCK STARS if we could actually sing! I already have this song memorized and now I am just working on the choreography for the concert!! By the way,what are you going to wear? HA!
Tell Amy and Donita we will wave to them from the front of the stage!
Rock On Sister!!
Seriously??? I didn't know this about you! Can I be your manager?
amber
uh, me too. i actually want to be one of the Women of Faith and get to do speaking, acting, and singing. let's take our act on the road!!
Post a Comment