Friday, March 14, 2008

Baby goats!!!

Introducing......
the newest residents in our barn!!!

This first little guy was born a couple of weeks ago.
He hasn't been named yet...so he is referred to as "little red buck".


Then this little guy just joined us on Tuesday.


And as you can see....Micah is bonding quite well with him!


The last two weeks have been very bitersweet (maybe more bitter than sweet?!?!)
Unfortunately, we have lost several kids and even a mama goat (Erica's "Betsy"...not the mama to either of these two kids). So, it has been a little stressful, emotional, and exhausting. This was the first time for our "mama-does" to breed, and they have all had triplets...too big and very difficult deliveries.

We are trying not to be too overwhelmed by all of this...and, instead, just focus on these very cute, very bouncy kids.


We still have one more doe to deliver (Erica's "Bonnie")...so we are hoping for the best! It seems a little odd to request prayer for a goat...but (given how things have gone so far) I'm just dropping a hint here...

3 comments:

Stacy said...

YAY about this goat post.
And the kids are adorable. Truly.
I can't wait to show my kids tomorrow. They'll be thrilled! :)

~Stacy

Stacy said...

Just so you know, I just showed Isaac your goat pictures. I had clicked on the first one to make it bigger and I said:

"Look budders... this is the baby goat that is at Chad and Michelle's house. And Brock and Erica and Micah. Remember I told you about their goats?"

He peered at the picture and said, "It's alive?"

Anonymous said...

I keep telling my husband that I want to move out to "the country" so I can have goats!!! :-)