Thursday, September 25, 2008

I love a good ROAD TRIP!!

My blog posting has certainly "lacked" of late (ok, so that is an understatement) but I could not neglect to share what fun I was blessed to have with my friend Stacy this past week/weekend.

I hopped on a plane and headed to the BEAUTIFUL Pacific Northwest.


When I landed in Seattle, Stacy met me and we hopped in a car to begin our 13 hour drive to Billings, Montana. We had planned months ago to meet at the Beth Moore, Living Proof Live conference in Billings...but those plans changed a bit when I realized that I desperately wanted to spend some time with her sweet family, too. Hence the "long way" to Billings.

The conference was just what I had hoped and prayed for...a good word from the Lord, in a fun atmosphere, with a great friend! The passage Beth taught from was Isaiah 32:1-8. I came away with a renewed motivation and desire to be a refuge in the storm for those around me. I want to be INTENTIONAL and WILLING in my efforts to show Christ to my "fellow man." You can check out a video re-cap of the conference here.


Aside from the conference, Stacy and I enjoyed endless hours of uninterrupted talking...as we drove along some absolutely beautiful highways. And I am now convinced that there are not enough highway miles in this great country to exhaust the amount of wisdom and encouragement this girlfriend of mine has to share!! To think, I once had a fleeting thought that we might not have enough things to talk about for such a long trip! I am still amazed that God would love me so much as to "ice our adoption cake" with such a friendship!

We even took a "side trip" (because, you know, 2000 miles just didn't seem like enough!) to see the Bear Tooth Pass. This was a drive that Chad and the kids and I had hoped to make on our vacation this summer, but the pass was closed due to snow.

Imagine my great delight when I saw this:


And the drive did not disappoint! I was once again completely awestruck at God's amazing workmanship and creativity!!





At the end of the "conversation filled" drive back to Stacy's home, we were met by these cuties!!!!


And I finally got to wrap my arms around THIS GIRL!! and let me tell you...as cute as she is in pictures, she is BEAUTIFUL in "real life"!



I missed my family MUCH while I was gone, but Chad was a trooper (like usual) and gave me the privilege of feeling completely guilt-free while I was gone. He had encouraged the trip from the beginning, and never complained once (still hasn't!!) AND AND AND he even met me with 2 dozen roses at the airport when I returned! Blessings upon blessings upon blessings. I am thanking God so much for His pouring on the blessings this past week! And I pray that I will be faithful to put to good use this time of refreshing and refueling!

5 comments:

amy said...

I am so glad you guys got to do this Michelle! It sounds like it was a blast and exactly what you guys both needed!

Stacy said...

I laughed at your Bear Tooth part... "because, you know, 2000 miles just didn't seem like enough" (!!!)

Cute final pictures, too-- I haven't even uploaded those to my computer yet. Cutest kids EVER.

I like you.

And I miss you. [And I'm convinced my kids miss you more than they missed me. For days they've been saying, "I miss Michelle." :)]

And yes, I really, really, REALLY wish you lived closer.

~Stacy

4chicksandahunter said...

Wow, these pictures are beautiful!! I'm glad you guys had such a great time.
And I'm really, really glad you do live close :)

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Ok, those photos pretty much confirm that I MUST go to Washington state!!

Glad it was so wonderful for you two. :)

Anonymous said...

How much fun!!!!!