
"WHAT NOW??"
That was the question Dave, the leader of our Ethiopia trip, asked us to think about each day.
It seems a little odd to post about "What Now" before I have even posted about our trip...but the "What now?" is where my focus has been these last 10 days...so I will share a little bit about that first:
When God first called Chad & I to adopt Micah, our eyes were opened to the many needs of orphaned, abandoned, and impoverished children of the world. Over the past year, our compassion for these children has grown.
A couple of months ago, we began to consider the possibility of starting a not-for-profit organization as a way to do more to help these often forgotten children. On our recent trip to Ethiopia, God confirmed this desire and ignited a fire to get started.
Today, I introduce you to: Hope For His Children
The purpose of Hope For His Children is two-fold:
1) To increase awareness among our family, friends, church and community regarding the desperate needs of orphaned, abandoned, and impoverished children of the world.
2) To generate support for orphaned, abandoned and impoverished children in the form of: financial contributions, donations of various supplies, prayer commitments and mission trips.
We are very anxious to get started...and, well, in fact...we ARE started!
Here are the exciting things that have happened already:
*We are officially incorporated as a nonprofit organization according the laws of Indiana!!
*We have drafted bylaws and established our initial Board of Directors.
*We have obtained a Federal Tax ID number.
*We have applied for tax exemption in Indiana.
*We have set up an account to distribute contributions.
*We have sent a package of much-needed medication to Ethiopia!
*We are in the process of applying with the IRS for our 501 (c)(3).
You will certainly be hearing more about Hope For His Children in the future...but if God is moving in your heart TODAY to get involved, please let me know...some exciting things are already beginning!!
As for the details of our trip, my plan is to start posting a "day-by-day" journal of our time in Ethiopia. I pray that it will be a blessing to you, and a great refresher for me! So....stay tuned.....




3 comments:
I love that picture. I'm so proud of you and what you have done the last few days! I am very excited to see how God is going to use this organization and the people involved. Keep up the good work!!
Wow, Michelle. You've gotten so much accomplished already! :) You're such a can-do girl! Way to go!
Love to you.
Can't wait to see more of those precious Ethiopian children in your pictures.
~Stacy
This is great! I'm so excited to see how God is going to use your organization!!! Anything I can do to help out, let me know. :)
Post a Comment