Thursday, May 18, 2006

BLOG-ITIS- (noun)-injury due to overuse of the blog

I should have known better...my personality (slightly OCD-ish at times...no comments, Chad!!) lends itself way too easily to becoming obsessed with something like BLOGS. I'm hooked! I have really enjoyed learning how to customize our family blog...it is still a work in progress (can you say HTML??) and I love reading posts of other Christian women/ families on topics like family devotions, home organizing, recipes, etc. AND I am so excited that I have turned a few other people on to the the blogging world (those blogs will be up and running real soon, right girls??)

BUT....

Here is the problem: blogging (can you use "blog" as a noun, verb, adj or adverb??) has caused INJURY to my "TO DO" list! Items that I had planned to check off my list by Monday/Tuesday (like writing and sending out a stack of thank you's) are still UNCHECKED!!

So, after much analyzing, this is my Rx for healing my blog-itis (as if it were a medical prob! ha!): After finishing this post, I will not blog (verb) again until I check something (in this case, the thank you's) off of my list! Then, I think I will keep doing that (giving myself a task to complete BEFORE I allow myself to be online again)! This way, my blog-addiction turns into a positive MOTIVATION!?!?!?!?

We will see how this plan works (doctors are historically not that great at treating themselves!)!! If the Rx fails, I may need an intervention!! :)

3 comments:

4chicksandahunter said...

That's funny you used the word "intervention" because that is exactly what I was thinking I would put on my "to do" list for you! My only question, is an addiction less than a week old really in need of an intervention? I think in this case it may be necessary.
**
"Blogger wannabe"

family footprints said...

Is BLOG-itis contagious because I think I've caught it too?! Good thing summer is a slower time at the office - ha, ha!

Anonymous said...

So THAT'S what I have!!!

And I say YES on the comments, Chad- I wanna hear them!

Michelle- you are hilarious! I like you so much... You make me laugh! Missed you today.

Stacy
ps- Carrie, I'll be wanting your blog-address!