Monday, September 03, 2007

Meet "Ace"



Ace wandered into our driveway....and into our lives...almost 2 weeks ago. To be honest, I didn't really think he had much of a chance...but the little guy seems to be doing quite fine now. The kids have had fun changing his "habitat" every so often, and Erica did some research on the internet to help us all know a little more about our newest "pet." (And actually, I forget, maybe she told me that "Ace" was a girl????)

The biggest problem that I have with Ace is that he (?she) keeps hiding. Can you find him (?her...for goodness sakes, IT!!) in that picture? Every once in a while, I walk up to take a peek and can't locate Ace....at which point I am convinced that I will feel a little snap on my toe at any moment!!!

Oh the joy!

3 comments:

family footprints said...

The boys can't wait to meet your newest addition. Very cool!

Anonymous said...

How neat! Daniel has a turtle and we love it. (Daniel's is an aquatic turtle)

Kimmie said...

My kids will be so excited to see your turtle! We are in the midst of a turtle unit study and we are praying for a turtle to come by;-)

Is yours a mud turtle (stinkpot)? I don't think it is a snapper, though maybe they look different here in CT?

What fun!

thanks for sharing!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted (also Stacy's friend-through AGCI)
we are #22 on the girls list to Guatemala!