But I needed to share.
Earlier today I was going through some of the pictures from Micah's adoption. I was doing this with the hope of finally putting together a "life book" for him to grow up with...a book with the story of how he came into our family.
As I was flipping through the pictures, I came upon these two....and they stopped me "in my tracks."


The pictures are of Micah with one of his "special moms" at the orphanage.
I have seen these 2 pictures a hundred (or more) times, but today I cried.
Here are some of the emotions that led to my tears:
--Have I ever told you....REALLY, REALLY told you....how incredible these women are? When I look at these pictures, I am reminded of how much LOVE they poured into Micah during his first 8 months of life. I love the way she is looking at him in the first picture....and when you look at her SMILE in the second picture, I just think "you can't fake a smile like that.....she LOVED him!!!!"
--I have been bothered all day by the fact that I cannot remember this special mom's name. It is driving me NUTS! I want to know it. I NEED to know it. I want Micah to KNOW her name. So...I am working on it. I knew it at one time, and I am sure I have it written down somewhere...in the meantime, I have emailed some other people to see if they can help me.
--Somewhere along the way, I stopped praying consistently for these women. Not on purpose, it just happened. It struck me today that, at this very moment, there are women caring for orphans in Guatemala and Ethiopia at the Hannah's Hope orphanages.
They are feeding, changing diapers, rocking, singing, giving medicine, kissing "ouchies", cleaning, doing laundry, cooking, etc.
And they do it with so much love.
Our family was blessed to SEE them doing it first-hand.
Our family was blessed because they DID IT FOR MICAH when we couldn't.
Chad and I have said SO MANY times that we are grateful for the love these women gave our son!!
Tonight I am grateful that they continue on...and I will be praying for them...and for the orphans whose lives they touch each day!!




2 comments:
Oh Michelle...
I had to write a quick little note to confirm your sweet heart in this post. Your words are moving and so very true. Andy and I also are eternally grateful for those "Special Mothers" who truly loved Luke and Abigail. I wish I could help you with that Special Mother's name, but I am sure you will find the answer you are looking for. I too don't pray for those women like I use to, but will committ with you to begin again.
Blessings,
Amy Crawford
those pics made me cry. I'm sorry I don't know her name either. I more remember the ones who took care of Mishell-- Lorena, Marta, and Miriam. i too have stopped praying consistently for them and will get back to it. thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment