
This post is one I should have written months ago!
I have heard it said that friends can multiply one's joys and divide one's sorrows...and I could not agree more. These three friends of mine (Carrie front center, Sheila on the right, and Colleen back center) have blessed my life in ways beyond measure!!
Maybe it would be fun to do an individual post on each of them...what do you think girls? Ready for your profile? I will be calling to interview you soon!
Over the years, we have shared.... cookouts, pitchins, games, fireworks, boating, vacations, joys, heartaches, baptisms, births (and an adoption!), deaths, home repair projects, ER visits, shopping trips, laser tag, weekend youth events, birthday parties, late night chats, weddings, campouts, road trips....the list could go on and on....but it HAS to end with a confession of the INSANE amount of food we have prepared (and eaten) together!!!
Above all other things, the thing I enjoy MOST about these girls is that we share a love for the Lord and a desire to be the wives/moms that God calls us to be! The moments that I treasure most, are the moments with Christ at the center...the talks we have had, the scriptures we have shared, the prayers that have been offered, the encouragement to press on.
And did I mention the "failures"?? I am thankful to have friends that like me when I am "real"...and that share their real selves with me.
OK...the tears are welling up...so I am stopping there for now.
But, OH...the picture!!!??? This summer, I was given 4 tickets to a Third Day concert just a couple of hours before the show started...so....the cell phones went into action, and the next thing I knew, we were all standing next to each other, worshipping our Creator (to the music of my favorite group, I might add).
We had a good laugh that night, too, when we all met in the Steak and Shake parking lot to leave and realized that we had NOT co-ordinated our clothes...I mean seriously, WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT WE WOULD ALL SHOW UP WEARING GREEN!?!?! A little embarrassing, don't ya' think!?!




6 comments:
A very cute picture. But wait- did you say that the thing you enjoy MOST is your shared love for the Lord?
You mean, that MORE than the food you've eaten? Oh. Good. Glad your priorities are straight.
:)
Love ya!
Stacy
Michelle,
OK, I'm sitting here crying because I am thankful also for our friendships. Thank you for being such a blessing to me. I have so much comfort in knowing you guys love me, will hold me accountable and want what's best for me and my family. Thank you mostly for allowing me to share in your life. I consider it a great privilege and I continually thank God for His gift of your friendships.
OK I'll confess...initially, it was all about the food, but then you know you guys grew on me...
As always ALL my love, Colleen
What a wonderful picture and what a blessing those friendships are, cherish them always!
LOL,
Ali
I actually just went to hear Third Day,I don't know what all that other "stuff" is about. I mean it's THIRD Day!! MY FAVORITE BAND!
O.K.,Just Kidding, I had fun with you guys too.
Of course I'm also thankful for the food, I mean friendships, of these 3 very special cooks, I mean women. What would I weigh, I mean be without each one of them having a very special taste, I mean place in my life!!
I love you all!
Carrie
So I saw the green shirts, and then I read that you went to a DAY concert. And then I thought: What??? Michelle attending a GREEN DAY concert??? Luckily, I re-read it and realized it was a THIRD DAY concert. You scared me for a moment, sis!
Your brother,
/s/ Michael
Michelle-
What wonderful friendships God has blessed you all with! It is so amazing to see how He provides for us in so many ways and one of those ways is through our sisters (and brothers) in Christ.
The green shirts crack me up!!!!
Steph
Post a Comment