Thursday, September 07, 2006

Diving and Dancing

Throughout the adoption process, there were a couple of songs that the Lord used to really speak to my heart. One of those songs was "Dive" by Steven Curtis Chapman. I remember very clearly that this song was playing in my headphones (while out for a jog) at the very moment that I felt the Lord saying we just needed to jump in and do it. Chad and I had been talking about adopting for a long time, and at that very moment I felt like the Lord was giving me clear direction that we were to "Take His hand, count to three and take a leap of faith"....so, we dove in to the adoption world.

There were several other times that I am convinced with all of my heart that the Lord played this song SPECIFICALLY for me...here is one more example...I was driving home and knew that we had a "packet" waiting for us...it was Micah's referral packet (with pictures, birthmom information, etc). I knew that in just a couple of minutes we would be making the decision whether or not to adopt this precious baby. Our adoption agency had showed some hesitation, for concerns that the birthmom may have trouble making to her appointments, etc...which, of course, was a major concern to us, given that we were (at the time) still waiting on Isaac's birthmom to reappear. Anyway, as I was driving home, I was just praying that the Lord would give us clear indication and a peace about our decision. The sky was amazing...an incredible sunset. After I finished praying, I snapped a couple of pictures of the sky as I was driving (bad idea, I know) . Then, I turned my radio on and there it was...."Dive"....I wish I could describe the feeling that came over me...it was as if the Lord was saying so clearly "You dove...now dive again...trust me...." I knew before we even opened the referral packet that this was the baby that would be our son.

SO....this very fun thing happened this morning...I set Micah down on the floor to play...and he started to dance...except there was no music. So, he looked at the TV (where I often have music playing from) and then back at me and then started to dance again. I think he was asking me to turn the music on! =) So, I turned it on ...and you guessed...the song "Dive" was just starting to play.

I cannot describe the joy in my heart...as Micah and I sat on the floor together and danced to this song TOGETHER...to a song that had such a rich history and meaning!!

I praise you, Lord, and thank you....for the road that we have traveled...and for this beautiful baby boy who is learning to dance in our home!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is great! I too really feel spoken to by God through music. What a special time you and Micah shared together. I am sure you had tears of joy and thankfulness in your eyes seeing him dance to that song. Blessings, Amy Crawford

family footprints said...

That is such an awesome story! It is always so amazing to me how the Lord speaks to us! What a special moment you shared together to bring everything full circle.

LOL,
Ali

Anonymous said...

Michelle-
That's amazing! Loved reading this post... and I love the image of you and Micah dancing in front of the tv to that song.
Love you!!!
~Stacy