Monday, April 23, 2007

Stopped in my tracks....

I was all prepared to post a couple of pictures of our newest additions...2 goats (and oh, by the way, that is just the beginning of the 4-H animals that will be arriving in the next couple of weeks....stay tuned)

BUT....

I decided to do some catching up on my blog reading first. And now my heart is burdened.

---Stephanie's sweet little girl, Katerine, celebrated her 3rd birthday in an orphanage (still!!) in Guatemala.
---Heather will leave her children in 2 days to travel to the Mayo clinic for a second opinion on her inoperable brain tumor.
---Amy continues her experimental chemo for leukemia (traditional treatment has failed - her prognosis is grim).

I have never met these women face-to-face (although, Stephanie...I sure feel like I've hugged you a million times!!) but I ache for them. My heart is burdened as I realize that these women (and so many others) spent this day...TODAY..... fighting battles that I can barely imagine.

My request tonight is simply that you would pray for these women.
We serve a mighty, loving, sovereign God.....and He tells us to ask.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle- I am in tears for being on such a list- with life changing situations as these other two ladies. I hurt for what they and their families must be experiencing right now. I pray that God provides hope where there is none and peace in the midst of uncertainty.

I praise God for the way he has provided friends like you to lift us up. Who said that you have to actually meet to be a friend?!? (Though I sure would like to hug you in person!) God has been so good to us.