Anyway, I was reading this post and came to this C.S. Lewis quote:
"He could if He chose, repair our bodies miraculously without food;
or give us food without the aid of farmers, bakers, and butchers;
or knowledge without the aid of learned men;
or convert the heathen without missionaries.
Instead He allows soil and weather and animals,
and the muscles, minds and wills of men
to co-operate in the execution of His will."
~C.S. Lewis
And then Ann added this prayer:
You could, if You chose, raise up children without mothers. But You choose to use us.
May my mind,
and my will
and my tongue
co-operate in the execution of Your will today, Lord...
Put Your words in my mouth, Your love in my heart, Your thoughts in my mind today, Father.
All of me is an instrument of Your will.
Use me.
And....it hit me...God did not NEED me to raise Brock, Erica and Micah....He CHOSE me to do it because He WANTED me to do it. ME. ME! With all my failures (and He KNEW that I was going to fail sometimes!) and all my weaknesses (He created me with those weaknesses, don't you know??)...despite all of that, He CHOSE me...
....and I am so honored!
Thank you, Lord, for this priviledge. I am your servant...use ME.




2 comments:
Beautiful thought!
Love ya,
Carrie
That just so happens to be one of my favorite blogs, too! :) Alongside THIS one, of course! :)
Love you!
Stacy
Post a Comment