Wednesday, January 24, 2007

What fun we had!!

This past weekend, Micah and I traveled across several time zones to spend time with our dear friend Stacy and her family! We had a GREAT time!



Washington state is beautiful...even when it is cold and snowy! Have I ever mentioned that I love mountains...seriously...they rank up there with sunsets and beaches for me! Micah was a trooper during our travels. The trip out was easier than the trip back (this "napping on the plane" picture, then, would obviously be on the trip out!)



Stacy's children are so sweet, and it was so fun to just hang out and be part of the family!



I especially loved to see Micah and sweet little Isaias playing together (not to mention their warm embraces of each other)...these boys first hung out together at Hannah's Hope orphange in Guatemala City!



Stacy is SUCH a good mommy! Her children adore her...and for good reason!



I continue to be amazed at the friendship that God wove together across these many miles. And I am thankful that Stacy would welcome Micah and I into her home!!! OH....and that reminds me to thank her hubby Mark, too! Wait...no pictures of Mark?? gasp! Well, anyway...he was quite the host... even baby sitting so that Stacy and I could enjoy a quiet dinner out!



What a blessing. And what sweet memories to treasure!!

And the rest of the family? Chad, Brock and Erica survived the 4 Micah-less days...but were very, very happy to wrap their arms around him at the airport. And I am reminded again how blessed I am by my sweet husband...he was super-fun-dad while I was gone, he was so happy for me to be able to share these days with Stacy, and he even had the house all tidy when we arrived home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle-
What a fun post! Thanks! And all the pictures! I'll have to direct people from my blog over HERE, since my pictures are scant. :)
Love you, friend! What a joy it was for me to have you here!
~Stacy

4chicksandahunter said...

What great pics. I think I want to visit Stacy's it sounds like so much fun!!