I hesitate to call it a "tradition" when this is our first year for it...but I love it so much that I KNOW we will continue to do it year after year after year.
Introducing.....Our Jesse Tree.

In "The Glorious Coming" by Ann Voskamp (at Holy Experience)created a devotional that is "to trace the family line and heritage of the family of God, of human beings from the beginning of time to the coming of God Himself, wrapped in swaddling clothes and lying in the manger." There is a devotion for each day leading up to Christmas, and an ornament to put on the tree that has a picture depicting that day's Bible passage.

For our Jesse tree, we photocopied the ornaments and put them on card stock. On the back, we put the date...so after we read the devotion that day, we turn the ornament around.

How fun is that!?!?
If you want one for you family, you can order it HERE...I was very blessed to get mine as a gift from Stacy last year!!! (Thank you, Stacy!!)
***IN OTHER NEWS.....
I have not been blogging as much lately, and I keep hoping that will change...
Lots has been going on...this week I will do some "catching up"!!!




1 comment:
Wow.
Your ornaments look beautiful. I had the best of intentions to do that last year... and this year... but... have not done the ornaments. (Though we did the devotional last year!)
Really, really pretty and inspiring! I love the date/flipping idea!
GREAT JOB!
~Stacy
Post a Comment