

I suppose there are worse hobbies...
but I LOVE going to Christian rock concerts. Seriously. Third Day, Mercy Me, Jeremy Camp, Casting Crowns, David Crowder Band, The Gaithers (wink)...just to name a few! As Erica already mentioned, I was very blessed to go to the Jeremy Camp concert on Saturday with Chad, and our friends Dean & Carrie. The guys seem to enjoy the concerts...sort of...but Carrie??? she's a junkie like me!!! We've taken in lots of concerts together..and laugh about how we hope we are still "rocking" when we are old and grey (and I don't mean in a chair!!) I love being at a concert worshipping with her...our hands held high in praise and our hearts focused on the Lord!
Anyway, if you have never had the priviledge of seeing him, Jeremy Camp is a great worship leader in concert. It is not only his music...but his testimony...his heart for the Lord...his desire to have his life reflect nothing but Christ.
His new album comes out today...and I can't wait to hear it...but there is a song from his "Carried Me" album that blesses me everytime I hear it...it is called "Walk by Faith"...and, in fact, a year ago (on Saturday, October 29th...in the midst of adoption turmoil) I journaled about it. The chorus says:
I will walk by faith, even when I cannot see
because this broken road prepares your will for me.
because this broken road prepares your will for me.
As I look at Micah each day, I have an amazing reminder of how God can use a broken road (and I would describe our adoption journey as just that) to prepare His will in our lives. I am thankful for a sovereign God who loves me completely and has our best interest in His hands. I want my life to reflect that. I pray that on this journey I will walk by faith even when I cannot see what the road ahead has in store.
Rock On!!!




5 comments:
I WANT TO GO!!!
:)
~Stacy
Hey Rocker Girls (oh and guys)! Sounds like tons of fun! I hope you're rocking into your 90's!
Great Post, however, you forgot to mention our Awesome seats that you almost gave away!!! It's always fun to go to a concert and not know you have front row seats until you get there!:) You are right,however,we are definetely concert junkies and I LOVE IT!!! And I love going with you!! Maybe next time we will make it to the "meet and greet" time! HA!
Just one question, when and who are we going to see next?
ROCK ON!!
You are too much fun! I want to go!!! :-)
What a GREAT picture. That's a keeper! :)
~Stacy
Post a Comment