Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Enter His gates with thanksgiving...



Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations. Psalm 100:4-5

I was inspired and challenged by Ann at Holy Experience. She has asked others to join her in an excercise of gratitude... of praising God for His goodness...of listing 1000 things for which I am thankful. So, in this season of Thanksgiving, I have decided to join in. I will be keeping a list of things...big things, small things, extraordinary things, everyday things...things that I just want to thank the Lord for.

Now, don't worry. I will not post the whole list here. But I certainly will share some items, and let you know how the journey of 1000 gifts is coming along!!

I pray that as I do this...as I look around my life for things to thank God for...I pray that as I do this, my heart will fill with gratitude...and that I will begin to be more in the habit of constantly thanking God for things that I too often pass by without notice.

Open my eyes, Lord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doncha' know I loved this, too???
And I can't wait to read your list! I'll be posting mine (well, not in it's entirety!)
~Stacy

Anonymous said...

What a great exercise in Thankfulness!!! I am going to try it!!! Maybe I will post some of mine too!