It is the most over-used item in my house...it is amazing it still works...it is my SNOOZE BUTTON.
Somedays I just hit it once or twice. Some days (you know those days when I want to get up early, but don't HAVE to) I have been known to hit that stinking button for an hour and a half...seriously!! I have't always been this way. I think it was the combination of parenthood and medical residency that did it to me. Anyway, I am ready for a change!
Last night I was hanging out over at "GirlTalk" (have you been there yet?) and was reading in the archives about their morning devotions and I became convicted that if I am EVER going to have a consistent morning quiet time, I am going to have to do something about that snooze button! So....that is what I am setting out to do. Slay my snooze button!! I thought about shopping for an alarm clock without a snooze button...but I really want victory through SELF-CONTROL and DISCIPLINE.
So, I started this morning. When my alarm went off..I got out of bed (novel approach, don't you think??) NO SNOOZING! VICTORY day #1!!
Oh man...tomorrow is Saturday! Well.......I guess if I don't set my alarm at all, then I won't need my snooze button to sleep in, right?? =)
Friday, November 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Michelle, my fellow snooze sister, Kudos for you for giving up the snooze button! I am impressed!!!
My husband kids me all the time about how much I snooze. My alarm is set so I can snooze atleast 3 times and get up when I need to (well, most of the time!)
Stephanie
This is one of the many common weaknesses we share, as you already know. I guess I should encourage you in this quest and be encouraged to slay my own snooze button, however, I will have to sleep on it and let you know!
That is hilarious. I think I've hit the snooze button maybe three times in my entire life. Seriously.
I'm proud of you for working on the self-control and discipline!
Happy PITCH-IN tomorrow!
~Stacy
Post a Comment