From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise...
Psalm 8:2a
For a month or two, Micah has been folding his hands together when we say "let's pray." But, just a couple of weeks ago he did something that made my heart leap...he put his hands together, bowed his head and mumbled "Jesus" (actually, it sounded more like "Shee-sus")! Of course we got excited about one of his first words being the Lord's name!
Then, last week I had this amazing image as I read Philippians 2:
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2: 9-11
As I read those verses, I had this awesome image of Micah praying... a baby in his highchair lowering his sweet little curly-haired-head, muttering the name of Jesus...and I just imagined this "swishing-thumping" sound as all of heaven's angels fell onto their knees.
I have no idea if something like that really happens when Micah says "Shee-sus"....but I do know that the Bible says that one day EVERY knee will bow at the sound of His precious name.
Sometimes I think I forget that...I forget the magnitude of it and I take for granted the power He gives me to pray in His almighty name. What a blessing that God gave me these verses--and a baby saying "Shee-sus"--to remind me!!




2 comments:
What a great image! :) And a beautiful post! :)
~Stacy
I just got caught up on reading your Blogs and wouldn't you know it... The closing Hymn at church this morning was..
"At the Name of Jesus"
..At the Name of Jesus Let every knee be Bent....
Keep fighting that Snooze Alarn... I know you will win.
Post a Comment