


Top picture: Sunset on our gravel road last week
Middle picture: Rainbow behind our house a couple of months ago
Bottom picture: Sunset in Guatemala last time we saw Micah!
I am a sky-watcher...sunsets, sunrises, rainbows, clouds...I find the sky to be breathtaking, and I never cease to be amazed at the beauty of our Creator. My family often hears me say "Guys, look at that sky!!!!"
Yesterday's verse was a reminder to me. Here it is in the NLT translation:
Yesterday's verse was a reminder to me. Here it is in the NLT translation:
The heavens tell of the glory of God.
The skies display His marvelous craftsmanship.
Day after day they continue to speak;
night after night they make Him known.
Ps 19:1-2
I love the way that God's creation constantly sings His praises...the beauty around us is amazing, if only we stop to take note!!
Something else just crossed my mind, too...as a "sky-watcher", I am in good company:
Acts 1:11 gives us a picture of a whole group of sky-watchers..."Men of Galilee, why are you standing here staring at the sky? Jesus has been taken away from you into heaven. And, someday, just as you saw him go, he will return!"
Yep, that is just another great reason to watch the sky...one of these days, the clouds will be rolled back like a scroll...and on that day, I want to be they first to get to shout..."Guys, look at THAT sky!!!!!"
The skies display His marvelous craftsmanship.
Day after day they continue to speak;
night after night they make Him known.
Ps 19:1-2
I love the way that God's creation constantly sings His praises...the beauty around us is amazing, if only we stop to take note!!
Something else just crossed my mind, too...as a "sky-watcher", I am in good company:
Acts 1:11 gives us a picture of a whole group of sky-watchers..."Men of Galilee, why are you standing here staring at the sky? Jesus has been taken away from you into heaven. And, someday, just as you saw him go, he will return!"
Yep, that is just another great reason to watch the sky...one of these days, the clouds will be rolled back like a scroll...and on that day, I want to be they first to get to shout..."Guys, look at THAT sky!!!!!"




1 comment:
Gasp.
I am always saying that to my family, too!!! (How did we not know this about each other...? This AND the Jewish thing?!?!) I often will say, "Everyone, look at how beautiful that sky is!!!" I don't have the cool I AM story, though. :)
Love you,
Stacy
Post a Comment