Thursday, October 12, 2006

Happy Birthday Chad!!


37 things that I LOVE about you, Chad....one for each year...

1. You love the Lord
2. You desire to be a godly husband and father
3. You have such a servant's heart
4. You are the most physically strong person I know
5. The laugh that you belt out when something is REALLY funny to you
6. How when asked what you want for your birthday you ALWAYS say "nothing"
7. That you mean it when you say you want nothing
8. The way you call my dad "Coach"
9. Your patriotism
10. Your fun-loving spirit (even if I do call you "otter-boy" sometimes!)
11. How you esteem the elderly
12. That you cook dinner so often
13. Your desire to host/entertain our friends
14. How you listen to my mom (with compassion) when she is worried or stressed
15. How you play football with Brock in the front yard
16. How you huddle with Erica to make up plays with her when she joins in the football games
17. That you encourage me to have time with my girlfriends (in person, on the phone and im)
18. That YOU built us a house!!
19. That you have a "like mind" to me in parenting our children
20. That you do NOT have a like mind to me on everything (how boring would that be??)
21. How you give me back rubs
22. That you are putting a corn stove in the office to keep me warm
23. That you built your construction company from scratch
24. That your company has such a great reputation in our community
25. How you can remember so many details about people you talk to
26. Your sense of humor
27. How you love to help people
28. That you sleep on the floor next to our kids when they are sick
29. Your work ethic
30. Knowing you since 3rd grade
31. That our relationship began as a "best friendship"
32. That you teach our kids to respect authority
33. That you are letting me use your laptop while mine is STILL being fixed
34. How you take the kids to school when it is so cold out in the morning (or raining)
35. How you always want to do what is right
36. How you will read this list and humbly think that I am exaggerating (but I am not)
37. That you chose me!!

I am thankful for this day...37 years ago...when God brought you into this world. And I am thankful for the path that God led you on...the one that led to "us". And I am thankful each day (although I too often fail to show it) for the life we live together. You are a great husband, a wonderful father and an amazing man!

"I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine...." Song of Sol. 6:3

HAPPY BIRHTDAY, "BELOVED"!!!

6 comments:

family footprints said...

Happy Birthday Chad! You are such a wonderful and kind person and we are all blessed to have you in our family!

The Leedys

Anonymous said...

What a great post, Michelle!
And...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHAD!!!!!!!!!!!:)
Have a wonderful day!

Stacy (for Mark and the kids, too)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Chad! I love otter-boy!!! Is this from the personality traits-lion, otter, golden retreiver, beaver?
Stephanie
(PS- I am an otter/lion what are you?)

4chicksandahunter said...

Chad, I didn't know what to get you for your birthday...then I thought, I bet you would love for me to write you a poem...
An Ode to Chad
Chad you get so mad,
when you think I didn't bring enough food,
but there is always enough,dude!
You always pick and tease my girls,
and with my husband you like to shoot squirrels(clay pigeons,whatever!)
We call you, THE BOSS, because you always know what to do,
and I really like your ping pong pants too!
So it's your birthday
and we just wanted to say,
we think your Cool,
A,#1, and good with a tool!!

We love you Chad Ray!
Happy 37th!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chad!! Hope you have a wonderful day.
The Zimmermans

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chad!! Michelle, what a beautiful post to your husband. Blessings, Amy Crawford