Thursday, July 06, 2006

A full day!



As Erica shared, we went to the Guatemala City Zoo this morning! It is actually a fairly big and very nice zoo...with lots of fun animals! Everyone was feeling good for the adventure, and I am so glad we went!!

After lunch, Brock and Erica were off to the pool while Micah slept!

Micah had a great day (with one small...well, really quite large exception!) He was feeling much better and ate much better! As you can see from the picture, he was really enjoying his dinner! And now we know that he was enjoying it TOO much! Shortly after dinner, we went to knock on the door of another family that just arrived today to take home their 2 daughters...we were excited to meet them in person (I have gotten to know her on the listserve). We knocked on the door...and I am SO SO SO glad that they did not answer...because about 5 seconds later Micah "exploded" everything he had just eaten! My goodness it was a mess!! He had a quick bath and was even smiling and cuddly after all of that...then he was off to sleep!

Other than that little episode, we had a GREAT last day in Guatemala. Memories that we will never forget, I am sure!!! God blessed us EXCEEDINGLY on this trip, and we are so grateful! My heart is very full tonight!!

As we prepare to come home tomorrow...I am so excited to see everyone! And for everyone to meet our new precious son/brother!! But there is definitely a heaviness about leaving, too. To know that we are taking Micah away from his homeland, away from the only home/people he has known so far, and so far away from his birthmom. I do not take lightly the "magnitude" of it all! But, yet, I am so VERY anxious to connect Micah with life that God has chosen for him!

Well...this is probably it until we arrive home in Indiana tomorrow night! Our flight gets in at 11-something...so who knows what type of shape we will be in by then! I know it will be an exhausting day for all of us! (and Chad and I are definitely taking an extra couple of changes of clothes in our carry-on..."just in case" we have a repeat episode of tonight!!)

It has been fun blogging this week! Fun to fell connected with family and friends! And it has been so encouraging to read all the comments!! Keep checking back....we will try to share lots about how the transition goes.....and through it all, may the Lord be lifted HIGH!!

5 comments:

family footprints said...

What a wonderful adventure this week with all of the ups and minor downs! We are all so happy that you had this opportunity to be together as a family in Guatemala. We will continue to lift all of you up in prayer.

4chicksandahunter said...

You are experiencing life as a "baby mom" again!! Better you than me! I know that you and Chad will enjoy every moment of it, good and "yucky." We can't wait to see you, have a great trip home!!
lots of love,
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Hello, guys. Tammy and I are just looking at your wonderful pics. He is a very beautiful baby and God has definately blessed you greatly. I couldn't think of a more deserving family than you guys. Have a safe trip home!!! We miss you!
God Bless You!
Love Donita

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all as you travel...

**Please, Lord, no more throwing up!** is a big one! :)

Love you!
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Michele, Chad & family,
What a wonderful glorious week for you and your family of five; loved all the pictures. Thanks for sharing. love, pris dillow