Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A Happy 4th of July!!!!







As you can see...we had a GREAT day with one of America's newest citizens!!

  • We had a wonderful time at Hannah's Hope...seeing Micah's special moms again (and telling them over and over how grateful for the LOVE they gave Micah for 8 months!!!!!!!) and taking pictures for some of our "adoption friends."
  • Micah took a nice long nap while Chad watched the World Cup AND Brock, Erica and I went for a swim.
  • Micah went for his first swim!!! He absolutely loved it. He smiled tons while in the floaty thing...then he floated on his back in my arms and was SO relaxed!
  • We had a nice dinner by the pool
  • Brock and Erica went for an evening swim while Micah watched (with envy, I think)
It was a great day....especially considering how last night ended...Micah had a major spit-up...then ran a fever (102) for a couple of hours overnight and first thing this a.m.! Not sure what that was all about...but he sure bounced back quick and seems fine now!!! He went to bed without a fuss. We are praying for a good night's sleep for everyone because we have our U.S. Embassy appointment early tomorrow (we are to be in the lobby at 6:30 am to meet our driver).

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO EVERYONE!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi All - We're hoping and praying
that Micah stays well!! Sounds like
he is a Timmons-Leedy - bouncing
back the way he did. Your time at
the pool sound and look like great
fun!! We hope Chad and you are
catching-up some on your rest!!!
Paps is soooooo glad that signing
on to "As for our house " is free!
He will walk by and say " Are you
looking for the kids AGAIN!!!!
Guess who asks x # of times aday
is I have heard.

Hope all goes good tomorrow and
will be waiting to hear and see
all ! Love ya' - Nana & Paps

Anonymous said...

What a 4th of July to remember!!! Love the pictures. Won't be loooonnggg now and we will get to see "the new real grandson" instead of pictures. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's great you took him swimming. Looks like he's definitley loving that water! (As are Brock and Erica!)

We are praying for your USE appt. tomorow morning... that it will go QUICKLY!... and then you'll be DONE!!! :)

Love to all,
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
What a beautiful family photo! Thank you for all of the awesome photos. I will pray that Micah continues to feel better. Have a great day tommorrow!
Colleen

family footprints said...

We are thankful that Micah is feeling better and pray that he continues to and that no-one else gets sick. We pray the everything at the Embassy goes quick and smoothly. Thank you for taking the time to share all of the pictures and reports with us. It is really awesome to feel like we are a part of all of this with you. God bless all of you.

Ali

4chicksandahunter said...

By now, hopefully, you are back in your room all done with your USE (I'm copying Stacey!) appointment. I have been praying for you this morning. Your probably getting ready to go back to the pool or some other fun family vacation thing! Now you can really RELAX. Enjoy your time! Thanks for the pics.
Love,
Carrie

Anonymous said...

I started crying when I read the line "newest US citizen" how amazing really!
What a sweet boy for a sweet family. God is so kind and generous! I am super happy for you guys. Love all the pictures!
Warmly, Amy

Anonymous said...

Hello Chad, Michelle, Brock, Erica, and Micah!!....
Sounds like you had a great independence day....Brock, I have some bottle rockets saved for you...We had a nice evening. Carrie's mom and dad came over and we did a few fireworks. It was fun to see them off in the distance too.
Chad, what a fun way to spend time...watching the world cup that is...I did the same thing when we were in Atlanta...the championship is this Sunday...futbol party??
Miss you all.
dean