Wednesday, July 05, 2006

It was bound to happen....






Earlier in the day, we were worried about how Micah was feeling. This evening, he seemed to turn the corner. He is still not eating great at all, but was much more smiley again!

Brock and Erica swam ALL day...they have made some friends (another adoptive family with kids about same age...I will let them share that later) and loved hanging out at the pool with them! Chad and I took turns early in the day, but by afternoon, Micah was at the pool with us. He even went for another swim and definitely LOVED it again.

But then there is the rest of the story...

Tonight Brock was complaining of a stomach ache (can we all say "uh-oh"??) and then got sick...and I mean really, really sick! He is alseep now, and we are praying that by morning EVERYONE is feeling much better!

Please be praying for us tonight and tomorrow. We REALLY want Guatemala to end on a good note for everyone!!! Maybe this is the Lord's way of making sure we REALLY want to come home soon, right??? We are certainly getting anxious to see everyone!

The pictures are obviously of the "high points" of the day...there are NO pictures of the low points!! =)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - So sorry you are feeling good
Brock. Maybe by the time you get
home - everyone will be well. What
cute pictures. Really - Paps and I
think we should write Bill Gates a
thank-you note. It's ALMOST like
being there with all of you.
Beautiful weather here - should last through the weekend.
Praying that Thursday and Friday
WILL BE BETTER DAYS!!!

Love ya' - Nana & Paps

Anonymous said...

Me again - Brock I meant to say
" Sorry you are NOT feeling good!!
It's late - can you tell?

Good-Night
Nana

Anonymous said...

Oh, Michelle- When I saw those pictures my thought was, "I miss that girl!" I love the one with you and Micah on the couch... :) And I really do miss you!
Brock- I'm so sad you're sick!!! We are praying that you will feel better AND that no one else gets sick, either!
Love you all!
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Brock - Hang in there. :(

That Micah has the cutest smile. HH's has done a good job of bringing out the best.

Hope everyone is on the mend and that in less than 48 hrs. you will be home and if anyone is sick then, there will be others to help out.

I am getting read for a Zack day. GREAT weather.!! :)

Anonymous said...

We are praying for GOOD health and a safe trip home. We are so EXCITED for your large, family of 5!! This blog site is the best. Thanks for sharing your great pics! God is SO good!

Chris Hicks (& clan)