We have returned from our US Embassy appointment. It was everything we had heard it would be....CROWDED room, hot, noisy, long wait! And, to top it all off....We had to wake Micah up this morning and when we did, he vomitted a couple of times again and had a fever AND a rash!!....YIKES!! All things considered, the Embassy appt really went pretty well. Micah was fussy but slept off and on the whole time (and did not vomit on the US Embassy floor!). Ashley (our representative from All God's Children) walked us through the whole thing...she had hoped we would be done by 10:00 am...we were actually BACK to the hotel by 9:30 ...so thank you to everyone who was praying for today!
We really think Micah caught a little virus...I was afraid it was from me (I was seeing a similar virus before we left, and was a little sick on the trip here---virus or nerves??) , but then one of the other couples said their baby (also from Hannah's Hope) had the same rash. ANYWAY...the cute boy still musters up some smiles and seems to be quite the little trooper. He just took a good bottle and went down without a fuss for a nap, so hopefully he will wake up feeling much better.
We have no pictures to post right now...we could not take a camera into the Embassy. So, we will post some pictures later!
SO.....DO YOU ALL REALIZE THAT THIS IS IT???? All of the paperwork to bring Micah home is DONE!!! Abel (HH's driver) will pick up Micah's passport and visa tomorrow for us....then Friday we are headed home!!! Can you believe it?? Praise God!!!
Wednesday, July 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
Praise God is right!!! :) YAY!!! I'm so happy to hear the USE report, but sad to hear about Micah's virus. We'll pray he's not puking on the way home! :(
Love you all so much!
Rejoicing with you that the paperwork is DONE!!! That you're coming home!!! WOO HOO!!!
~Stacy
Wow! What a wonderful week so far for your family of 5! The kids and I just got back from the Lakes and have not had access to a computer. I jumped on line as soon as we pulled in the drive. Micah is beautiful and your family pictures are awesome. We are so happy for all of you. We had a great time at the lakes. The kids all skied. (Even Ethan for the first time.) This old lady even went barefooting with Christian and Richey!! Love you all and can't wait to see you.
Love, Sheila and family.
what thrilling news! now there should be no more nerves...
peace, peace, peace....enjoy the rest of the trip...
I heard that if you alternate tylenol and motrin every 3 hours that should get him on the road to recovery...
seriously..I hope he feels better...
love,
dean
My eyes are full of tears of joy for you. I can only imagine your joy as now everything is done. Praying Micah will recover quickly! Did you even pack any pedialyte? We can't wait until you are home.
Love,
Ali
Glad to hear everything went as well as could be expected. AND you were right about the viruses the little ones pick up. Hopefully Micah will NOT be sick on the way home NOR anyone else. I wonder if Brock and Erica could end up getting what Micah got. I sure hope NOT. Maybe ALL the sickness will be over before you board the plane for HOME!!!!! Tell Brock and Erica I said Hi and give ALL 3 grandkids a BIG hug and kiss for PaPaw and me.
Even though Dean updated me on the phone I wanted to read it for myself. I am so glad your done!!!
We will pray that Micah recovers quickly and that everyone else stays healthy!!
Love Ya,
Carrie
Hi- Everyone can take a big breath
now! Too bad Micah is not feeling
the best. Maybe HE is nervous until his passport and visa are
in his hands.
What better care could he be getting ?? Have Brock and Erica
turned into fish yet? Goats & pigs
are fine!
Have Fun - Talk more later.
Love ya' - Nana & Paps
Brock,
I miss you. I want you to come over when you get home. Please give Micah a hug for me!
-Garrett
Post a Comment